Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What's For Dinner Tonight?

Otoro's Ultimate Baked Ziti
Well, it's September and with it comes the cooler weather. Whenever the cooler weather sets in and less time is spent outdoors grilling, my husband hand's the dinner torch over to me. We each have our cooking specialties. He's the grill man and saucier, and I'm the maker of "weird stuff" (ethnic/vegetarian) and the baker. I don't know why but it seems like the majority of what I cook well is baked or roasted. I make lasagna, pizza, bread, casseroles, quiche, cookies... too much to name. I love my oven in the fall and winter! It's the perfect time to warm up the kitchen and pull out those comfort food recipes. I found this recipe and thought it sounded much better (though more fattening) than the traditional baked ziti I usually make. So that's going to be what's for dinner tonight. I'll post a comment later about how it turned out.

1 comment:

  1. It turned out very good. It would still be very good if the cheeses were cut down a bit though I think. Also, if you're only cooking for two you may want to divide the recipe in half or you will be eating leftovers for a week like we did.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?