Saturday, August 8, 2009

Tarot Reading

I decided today that it has been awhile since I gave myself a Tarot reading. Usually, when I do a reading, I have a particular question or concern (whether I am consciously aware of it or not) and prefer a one card spread for a more specific reading as opposed to a multiple card spread which presents a broader reading. My process is simple. I cut the deck three times and then just shuffle until one card pops out and lands face up. Sometimes I get sloppy and a bunch fall out but I just add them back to the deck and continue shuffling. Eventually (especially if you are focused on your question- not necessarily the cards) one will deliberately pop out. One time I was giving someone a reading in this way and he kept not getting a card. Finally a blank card (I accidentally left in the deck) popped out. I asked him if he was focusing on his question or concern and he said he couldn't think of anything. Funny, no question- no answer. I have books on Tarot that interpret the cards that I mostly use for reference. Its good as far as what the numbers represent and things like Pages representing messengers. But your best interpretation of the card comes from your own immediate impression(s) of the images. Keep in mind that everyone's reaction to an object or image is different. Think about a maple tree- to you it may represent your country home, but to someone who has a maple syrup business, it represents money.
Today, I got The Sun. As soon as I saw it I felt warmth in my heart. This card is an all around good card! I see warmth, happiness, freedom, child-like innocence, carefree! To me, the child is my spirit. It tells me to keep an open mind. The sunflowers suggest abundance. The number nineteen numerologically breaks down to the number one (1+9=10 and then 1+0=1), which represents new beginnings. So my reading of this card is that with an open mind, new beginnings will bring abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?