Saturday, August 15, 2009

Garden Update

My little garden is doing quite well. Last night I had the green beans I've been harvesting for the last week for dinner. I don't know if it's all in my mind or if they actually tasted better than store bought, but they were sweet and crisp and delicious!
The other day I took a small cutting of the cilantro and added it to a turkey wrap. It was great! Just a little added a really nice fresh lemony zest.
My cherry tomatoes have finally started to fruit. I can't wait to start harvesting them and make a fresh garden salsa! I thought they grew bushy but they grew taller than I expected. Maybe I should have pinched off some height before they grew that tall. (Anyone know?) Oh well, as long as they are healthy and produce tomatoes I'm happy.
The cucumber plant is also doing well. So far I've counted 5 baby cuc's. One of them should be ready to harvest in another week or so. You may see the bee in the center flower in the photo. The bee's appear to be very happy to have some nector to collect and I am very happy that they are pollinating the female flowers!
I am a novice but I should be an excellent gardener! I spent most of my childhood with my grandparents who always had a huge garden! They grew everything! My grandmother made some killer pickles and soups too! I remember some things, but now I wish I had paid more attention. Mostly I remember snapping never ending beans and having really dirty feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?