Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wildlife Cam: Fox, Coyote, Bobcats, Oh My!


My husband has a motion censored wildlife cam that he puts out in the woods to monitor what kind and how many animals live and go through the woods abutting our property. Most of the photos are not a surprise- deer, raccoon, squirrel, fox, possum, you know, your typical woodland animals, but it was a surprise to see the two photos that are posted above. You can probably tell but the first picture is a coyote and the second picture is a bobcat. The bobcat was the biggest surprise of all. I had no idea that this was bobcat territory. I'm glad that my cat is an indoor cat, but I'm going to worry about my little Boston terrier if he runs off in the woods. Thinking back, we did find a small skeleton (probably a cat) on our property when we first moved here. It's kind of cool but also a bit unnerving to know as I'm walking the dogs on the rails to trails through the woods that there are coyote and bobcat lurking about.

1 comment:

  1. Just a little unnerving??? i would so freak if i was living there with Ginger! She'd be a gonner for sure! Especially since we don't walk our dogs... ! eep!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?