Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Pumpkins


My husband decided he wanted to carve a Frankenstein pumpkin for Halloween this year, so of course I had to carve the Bride of Frankenstein! I found a couple of great old movie photos online and brought them into Photoshop to tweak and change into a template. The problem was that our pumpkins were wet from the rain the other day, so we couldn't use the template's after all, and ended up drawing them freehand. I think they turned out fabulous! Even though we think ours are pretty cool, they're nothing compared to some others! There are really some incredible portraits and carved pumpkins, to the point of sculptures, out there! I couldn't find out who created this Jack Nicholson portrait but, boy, is it scary! Probably the best pumpkin sculptor I've seen is Ray Villafane. I can just imagine the kids walking up to his house on Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?