Friday, July 31, 2009

Eggplant Parmesan

I've only had Eggplant Parmesan a couple of times in my life. I don't remember if I liked it the first time -I guess it left no lasting impression- but the second time I did. It's kind of like how all of a sudden I liked mushrooms. I remember acting as though I was about to die as soon as I felt one on my tongue. But then one day I was ordering them on my pizza. So today I decided that because I am growing eggplant in my garden I should learn how to make a good Eggplant Parmesan. After searching around for a bit I found one that really sounds great! It goes beyond the traditional recipe becomeing a kind of lasagna. I can't wait to try it out- it sounds delich!

1 comment:

  1. I made the Eggplant Parmesan last night, but I altered the recipe a little. I replaced the fresh mozzarella for a mozz/ricotta mix, and the fresh basil for pesto sauce. It turned out excellent! Just a suggestion- you may want to bake it a little longer than the recipe calls for depending on how many layers you build up.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?